2013 Camp DatesJune 9-13 (Sun-Thurs)
June 15-19 (Sat-Wed)
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE
What to Expect the 1st Day of Camp
Registration - 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM on the concourse of the Dean E. Smith Center (Entrance A) located at:
300 Skipper Bowles Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Parking - is available in the Williamson lot across from the Smith Center and Bowles lot located next to the Smith Center. If you are visiting the on-campus gyms (Smith Center, Carmichael Arena, Fetzer Gym, Woollen Gym) during the workday (M-F, 8 AM - 5 PM), please be aware the parking lots are reserved for University employees. If you park in a reserved lot, you are parking at your own risk. Please visit the University Parking website for information on visitor parking.
PARENTS will receive a packet of information at the door. OVERNIGHT CAMPERS will receive a packet of information in their dorm room. DAY CAMPERS will receive a packet of information at the day camper registration table
Registration is an assembly line with different tables of information:
1. Check-in by giving the camper's name ... also find out his assigned section.
2. Section/Group - the camper will receive a slip of paper with his section information and the time he is to meet his group in front of Granville Towers for the 1st night of camp.
3. Medical Station - for any medical/medication concerns.
4. Day Camper table - only day campers need to visit this table.
5. T-shirt/Shorts table - the camper will receive two t-shirts and one pair of shorts. Adult sizes only.
6. Room Keys - please pick up the room keys before leaving the Smith Center.
7. Maps - to the different gym locations.
Granville Towers: After registration at the Smith Center, campers can go to Granville Towers (125 West Franklin Street - your registration packet you receive contains a map from the Smith Center to Granville Towers) to set up their dorm room. If needed, we also offer bus service from the Smith Center to Granville Towers. Buses will pick-up in front of the Smith Center at beginning at 3:30 PM and make trips until 5:00 PM.
Dinner is served the first night of camp from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM in the cafeteria in the west tower of Granville - CAMPERS ONLY; no parents are allowed in the cafeteria.
Daily Schedule - our staff will help the campers follow the daily schedule - wake up call, getting campers to the bus, check for lights out at night, etc...